What is QuantaStor?
QuantaStor is a unified file, block and object Software Defined Storage platform (iSCSI/FC/NFS/CIFS/S3/SWIFT) designed from the ground up to scale-out and scale-up with ease. QuantaStor SDS is a Linux based OS which installs on all major server hardware converting bare-metal systems into a full-featured enterprise storage grid with up to 64 appliance nodes.
How is it unique from other SDS and storage systems?
QuantaStor is unique in a number of ways, specifically:
- Grid management technology which enables companies to start small and grow to hyper-scale (>30PB) with ease. Grids can contain a heterogeneous mix of hardware from different vendors and may include QuantaStor virtual storage appliances. Grids can also span sites to form highly-available object storage clouds and can be used to setup easy DR replication policies in just a few clicks.
- Strong focus on user experience which makes the QuantaStor web management interface easily understood and effective for IT generalists. OSNEXUS was founded by former Veritas Software engineers with a focus on eliminating the complexity found in traditional SAN/NAS appliances.
- Uses leading open storage technologies (Ceph, ZFS, Gluster, XFS) so that a broad range of use cases can be solved an so that customer data lives on a stable platform that will be around for the long term. No other platform brings scale-out and scale-up together in a single platform on open tech. Most competitors are delivering storage on proprietary hardware, proprietary software, or some combination of the two which creates vendor lock-in and increased risk for customers.
How is it sold?
QuantaStor is sold through a network of OSNEXUS Partner Resellers.
QuantaStor is available for 30-day evaluation with a full-featured, 128TB storage capacity Trial Edition license key. During your evaluation of QuantaStor, please feel free to contact the OSNEXUS Sales team at email@example.com, regarding specific questions, solution design assistance firstname.lastname@example.org or to schedule a consultation.
All paid-for QuantaStor software subscription licenses are inclusive of support, maintenance packs and product upgrades. Subscription Licenses are available in 1, 3, and 5 year duration with discounts to longer duration keys. Subscriptions of 3 or more years are issued as non-expiring but an active subscription is required for support, maintenance and product upgrades. All subscriptions are priced based on raw capacity in terabytes (TB) used for data storage and subscription level.
QuantaStor licenses are available with a few different subscription levels including:
- Enterprise Edition with Platinum Support
- 24/7 Support with maximum 1hr response
- All features unlocked
- Enterprise Edition with Gold Support
- 24/7 Support with maximum 4hr response
- All features unlocked
- Standard Edition with Silver Support
- 9/5 Support (M-F, 9am-6pm PT)
- Grid is limited to 4 appliances with some feature limits
- Excludes: Scale-out File/Block, FC, Infiniband
Appliances can be expanded at any time with additional capacity through expansion subscription licenses. These are pro-rated and are set to expire on the date of expiration for the base subscription license so that the next subscription renewal can roll up the total capacity into a new base subscription license.
Further information on the Support Levels is available in the Support Levels document.
Our network of OSNEXUS Partner Resellers are certified experts at integrating QuantaStor into custom hardware solutions and delivering turn-key appliances built to your specifications. For more information on pre-packaged hardware solutions, please see our Partner Reseller page for a reseller near you.
Customers seeking to build a QuantaStor system for their own use are advised to build from list of certified components on our Hardware Compatibility List. Please refer to our HCL recommended hardware page for more details.
In an effort to support the interests of the open source community with our Free/Community Edition with a licensed storage capacity of 10TB (total raw storage assigned to pool(s))