OSNEXUS QuantaStor Documentation
Welcome to the OSNEXUS QuantaStor online documentation site. The following guides and sections cover all aspects of QuantaStor SDS configuration from installation to integration with 3rd party software. General information on key product features and product screenshots can be found on the main product site here: http://www.osnexus.com.
- Translations: [Japanese] [German] [Spanish] [Portuguese] [Swedish] [Russian] [French] [Chinese] [Korean] [Italian]
Free Trial Edition & Community Edition Download
The QuantaStor 5 ISO image and license keys for Trial Edition (256TB, 30-days) and Community Edition (40TB, 2 years) are available for download here.
QuantaStor uses a single common ISO image for all editions so upgrading a system from Trial or Community Edition to Enterprise Edition just requires applying a new license key.
QuantaStor Documentation Overview
- Covers general QuantaStor SDS solution engineering and design guidelines
- Covers the process of installing QuantaStor onto bare-metal hardware or as guest VM to make a Virtual Storage Appliance.
- Covers the initial system configuration steps including logging in, applying a license key, and other initial system step procedures.
- This guide goes into detail on each of the features and capabilities of QuantaStor and how to configure them.
- Covers topics on how to connect to QuantaStor via various file and block protocols from servers and workstations.
- Detailed instructions on how to setup the SNMP agent to send SNMP traps.
- Details on how to write custom scripts to augment various operations like system started/shutdown, storage pool start/stop, etc.
- Various troubleshooting topics ranging from login issues to driver upgrades.
- Instructions on how to create custom entries for SMB/NFS access which are ignored by QuantaStor
- Provides cloud monitoring and near real-time system stats
- Use PagerDuty to get notified of call-home appliance alerts to your IT team with an advanced ticketing system.
- Use Librato to collect and view a dashboard metrics on utilization and other stats from your QuantaStor appliances.
- The Hadoop Integration Guide gives you an overview of the installation steps to get Hadoop running in your QuantaStor grid.
- Monitoring and metrics platform integration, more information available here.
- An overview of QuantaStor configuration steps for use with Avid.
- Documentation on how to install the R1Soft Backup Agent
- Documentation on setting up Gladinet enterprise cloud file storage solution on QuantaStor. Solution is similar to Dropbox.
- Documentation on setting up OpenStack Cinder to use the QuantaStor Cinder Driver.
- Monitoring via the Zabbix platform, more information available here.
- Overview of how to access your files in your network shares directly via HTTP
- Plug-in module for Microsoft Virtual Shadow Copy Services (VSS) support
- Installation of SolarWinds MSP client into QuantaStor SDS
- Dropbox based Cloud Containers enable NFS/SMB based access to Dropbox folders via any QuantaStor SDS appliance
- Covers aspects of the internal architecture of the storage system.
- Glossary of terms and concepts used in managing various aspects of a QuantaStor storage system.