OSNEXUS QuantaStor Documentation
Welcome to the OSNEXUS QuantaStor online documentation site.
- Translations: [Japanese] [German] [Spanish] [Portuguese] [Swedish] [Russian] [French] [Chinese] [Korean] [Italian]
Solution Design Guide and HCL
Before building a QuantaStor appliance, please review our solution design and hardware compatibility guides to ensure that you're hardware is properly matched to the use case and storage pool type(s) to be deployed.
Installation, Administration, and Host Configuration
- The Installation Guide takes you step-by-step through the process of installing the QuantaStor Storage System OS on your server hardware from our ISO media. If you are using a QuantaStor virtual appliance, you can skip the installation guide and proceed to the Getting Started Guide for initial configuration instructions and the Administrators Guide for more advanced configuration.
- The Getting Started Guide focuses on the initial configuration of your storage system after you have installed QuantaStor.
- The Administrators Guide covers all aspects of managing the storage system.
- Detailed walk-thru of how to setup a highly-available ZFS storage pool using a shared SAS disk enclosure. (old documentation here)
- Detailed walk-thru of how to setup a highly-available ZFS storage pool using a 3rd Party or QuantaStor iSCSI/FC as back-end storage
- Detailed walk-thru covering setup and configuration of scale-out file storage (NFS/CIFS/GlusterFS)
- Detailed walk-thru covering setup and configuration of scale-out block storage (iSCSI/Ceph client)
- Detailed walk-thru covering setup and configuration of scale-out object storage (S3/SWIFT)
- Detailed walk-thru of how to setup remote replication for ZFS based storage pools
- The Web Admin Guide provides detail for the dialogues available in the WebUI.
- The User's Guide focuses on host side configuration steps, such as multipath configuration and iSCSI initiator configuration.
- Detailed instructions on how to setup the SNMP agent to send SNMP traps.
- The CLI User's Guide documents in detail all of the storage management commands that can be executed via the 'qs' utility both within the system or remotely via with Windows 'qs' remote management CLI.
- The Developers Guide outlines how one can manage the storage system directly using REST API calls from your own applications.
- Details on how to write custom scripts to augment various operations like system started/shutdown, storage pool start/stop, etc.
- Storage Pool I/O Tuning and I/O Performance best practices.
- Various troubleshooting topics ranging from login issues to driver upgrades.
- Instructions on how to build new device drivers for newly released hardware
- Information on how to Generate and Install Custom SSL Certificates and set Custom TLS security settings.
- Information on how to customize the ssh service to enforce strong Cipher and Key Exchange Algorithms for SSH communication.
- Guide outlines how to block NFS, CIFS, iSCSI and other protocol access in order to further lock down an appliance.
- How to apply security patches and get detail on what patches apply to QuantaStor
- IPsec can be used to encrypt traffic for NFS and other protocols
- Provides cloud monitoring and near real-time system stats
- Use PagerDuty to get notified of call-home appliance alerts to your IT team with an advanced ticketing system.
- Use Librato to collect and view a dashboard metrics on utilization and other stats from your QuantaStor appliances.
- The Hadoop Integration Guide gives you an overview of the installation steps to get Hadoop running in your QuantaStor grid.
- Monitoring and metrics platform integration, more information available here.
- An overview of QuantaStor configuration steps for use with Avid.
- Documentation on how to install the R1Soft Backup Agent
- Documentation on setting up Gladinet enterprise cloud file storage solution on QuantaStor. Solution is similar to Dropbox.
- Documentation on setting up OpenStack Cinder to use the QuantaStor Cinder Driver.
- Monitoring via the Zabbix platform, more information available here.
- Overview of how to access your files in your network shares directly via HTTP
- Covers aspects of the internal architecture of the storage system.
- Glossary of terms and concepts used in managing various aspects of a QuantaStor storage system.
- Contains the EULA, and support terms agreement.
Product Release Change Log and Security Updates
- Details of what features and fixes are included with each QuantaStor release
- Details of what Linux security updates impact QuantaStor and how to update your appliance
- Details on product version end-of-life dates and notifications